We are pleased to inform you that the P. ARCH. -- Playground for community architects project is starting.
The project stems from the specific need to fight the growing level of educational poverty among children and youngsters in primary and secondary schools in two Italian regions: Lazio and Sicily.
How? through the experimentation of an innovative and repeatable educational model based on the use of creative methodologies and on the active and strategic relationship with the territories, in an urban regeneration perspective.
The essence of the project is contained in the 3 words that make up its name:
- PLAYGROUND (playing field) is an extremely dynamic, physical, but also ideal, place of fun, experimentation, teamwork, passion and creativity.
- ARCHITECTS for skills and future and long-term vision that the project intends to bring to the outskirts of some cities.
- COMMUNITY because it’s based on dialogue and on the relationship with the local communities.
- Arch, thanks to the partnership with 3 Educational Institutes, intends to equip some peripheral areas of the cities of Rome, Palermo and Favara (AG) with stable educational facilities. The goal is to make the school the engine of development and change of the territory, offering a tool to create better and more responsible citizens of the world through collaboration with universities, institutions, associations and with the involvement of teachers and families.
The choice of territories was driven by the desire to work in peripheral or marginalized areas, not only in their geographical location (metropolitan suburbs or places difficult to reach such as Favara, town in the Sicilian backcountry), but also in their socio-cultural dimension: fragile territories that have high rates of educational poverty, school dropout, social unease and problems of multi-ethnic and multicultural integration. Territories in which opportunities for personal, cultural, professional and social growth run low for young people.
Many activities will be carried out between 2019 and 2022, including:
- Strengthening of the educating community
- Experimentation of the creative educational path (architecture, storytelling, gaming modules)
- Regeneration of disused spaces for schools
- Creation of Community LAB in the reference territories
- Final event
P. Arch is a project selected by Con i Bambini within the “Fund for combating child educational poverty “.
The partnership is heterogeneous and includes the Farm Cultural Park (project leader), Melting Pro Learning, Ecomuseo Casilino ad Duas Lauros, Università degli Studi di Palermo – Dipartimento Architettura, Associazione Clac, Associazione Rete ITER, Comune di Palermo, Digitalfun srl, Istituto Comprensivo “Falcone Borsellino” Favara, Istituto comprensivo “via Maffi”- Roma, Istituto Comprensivo Giuliana Saladino Palermo, Made for Skills.
Project information -- P.arch – Playground for community architects
Made for Skills will manage within the project the following tasks: pedagogical evaluation and training for trainers.
Contact us for more information.